Broiling is a fast method for cooking tender cuts of meats, poultry, ham and fish. The broiler compartment is located beneath the oven. Pull the entire broiler compartment forward to the stop position. The broiler compartment door folds down to allow for easy removal of the broiler pan for turning foods. Gas broiling is cool and clean since broiling is done with the broiler door closed and any smoke is consumed by the flame.
To operate the broiler, push-turn the oven control counter-clockwise to the BROIL position.
- Broiler pan and tray must be in place for any broiling operation. They are designed to drain excess liquid and grease away from the cooking surface to help prevent spatter, smoke or fire.
- Do Not cover the broiler tray with aluminum foil.
- Always remove the broiler pan from the broiler compartment as soon as broiler pan cools.
- Replace broiler pan and tray after cleaning. Broiler pan and tray must be in place for any oven operation.
- Do Not step on or apply weight to the broiler door when it is open. This could damage the door.
- Do Not preheat the broiler before using.
- Completely close the broiler door during broiling.
Using Your Broiler
Broiling is a fast method for cooking tender cuts of meats, poultry, ham and fish.
Your range is equipped with a variable broil feature which allows you to broil at temperatures from the broil setting to temperatures down to 350 degrees F. Broil with the door closed, for a cleaner, cooler kitchen. The smoke from broiling is consumed as it is drawn over a rod-type broiler element.
Set the oven thermostat at BROIL for a full broil or at any desired setting between BROIL and 350 degrees F for variable broiling (see chart). TO SET AT TEMPERATURES BELOW FULL BROIL, TURN TO BROIL AND THEN BACK TO THE DESIRED SETTING. For broiling do not turn the thermostat below 350 degrees. After broiling, the must be turned to OFF before baking.
|First Side||Second Side|
|Steaks 1" thick|
|Rare||2nd or 3rd from top||Broil 425 F||6 - 8 min.||3 - 4 min.|
|Well Done||Lowest or 2nd Lowest||Broil 425 F||12 - 14 min.||10 - 12min.|
|Ground Beef Patties 1/2" thick|
|Rare||2nd or 3rd from top||Broil 375 F||6 - 8 min||3 - 4 min.|
|Well Done||Lowest||Broil 375 F||10 - 12 min||6 - 8 min.|
|Chicken||Lowest||Broil 425 F||30 to 35 minutes total cooking time. Turn frequently.|
|Fish||Lowest||Broil 425 F||22 to 30 minutes total cooking time. Turn whole fish once. Do not turn fillets.|
|Cooking times given are approximate and should be used only as a guide. Variables in meats and personal preferences may make changes necessary.|